In a nutshell, New York fashion week this month was all about simplicity, going back to basics and revisiting the 90's it seems. From nudes to satins, pastels to monochrome, the catwalk was loaded with basic style that we can all embrace! So anyway, having read all of the latest and greatest from fashion week, I thought I would share with you the low down of what went on, enjoy!
2. Shine- Sheen satin, foil and iridescent leather, designed by Marc Jacobs.
3. 1990's nude- Nearly naked buff colours have re- surfaced from the 90's! Designed by Cushnie Et Ochs.
4. Fatigue Fashion- Military inspiration, khaki and boyfriend jeans are back in with a twist, Diesel Black Gold.
5. Courtside chic- Pleated white tennis minis are styled by Victoria Beckham, a well loved micro trend on the catwalk.
6. Pastels- Zac Posen brings us pinks, lilacs & yellows, from sickly 60's shades to sun-bleached hues, release your inner candy shop colours!!
7. Monochrome style- Black and white combos are a timeless classic for everyone, and has been particularly popular in recent seasons, Oscar De La Renta has designed these gorgeous combos.
8. Pure and simplistic- Spring/ Summer 2014 is completely complexity free and 3.1 Philip Lim announces this with his clean cuts and effortless design.
*All images from Vogue