Saturday 22 February 2014

MAC Lipstick Collection...

Recently I have come to realise that I may in fact have a minor addiction for buying M.A.C lippies! I don't know what it is about them, but seeing row after row of beautiful lipsticks I can't help but try a few out, and of course, that leads to a purchase or too. What I love about MAC in particular is that they are such great quality, I love how they come in different textures such as matte, satin, and crème sheen. I currently have a small collection, the first, is viva glam 5, a shimmery lipstick which is designed to bring out your natural lip colour and leave them with a lovely gloss finish. Number 2 is crème sheen crème cup, which I have heard is very popular. For day to day use it is perfect, I am a massive fan of nude/pink lips and this one is just beautiful! For evening wear I have Ruby Woo, every girl needs a red lipstick in their make up bag and this one is so bold, the blue under tones also ensure your teeth look whiter too! The only thing with this one is that you do need to apply a lip balm before using to ensure a smooth application as the texture is matte, I use a Nivia lip balm or EOS balm, I would stay clear of Vaseline and carmex though as they are a bit runny and I find they can sometimes make the lipstick run a little. Finally is my most recent purchase, the satin Rebel lipstick. The colour is a deep purple/ pink colour which I love, I had never been too bold with lipsticks before and used to just stick to neutrals, but having bought Ruby Woo, I thought, why not?! Apart from the £15 price tag which is definitely very expensive, they are definitely worth it, I must admit I have not yet bought into the whole range of cosmetics as this would definitely be a dangerous buying addiction! Do you have any MAC lipsticks? Do you have a fave?
Matte 'Ruby Woo'- £15
Satin 'Rebel'- £15
crème sheen- 'Crème cup'- £15
Viva Glam- '5'- £15

22 comments:

  1. Your collection is amazing! I have Ruby Woo too and I love it, but I really want to try Rebel and Creme Cup as well :-) Lovely post Eleanor!

    Meg ♡
    http://mynameis-meg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great red lipstick isn't it! Thanks Meg :)

      Delete
  2. Love these lipsticks, Im the opposite i have an addiction to the rest of the range but not yet bought into the lipsticks :)

    Anna-Maria | www.topdrawfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo that is interesting, I guess I just thought that I would use the rest of the range too quickly and then get stuck in a rut of buying and buying again which I unfortunately I cannot afford, whereas you can alternate between lipstick colours I guess! Thanks for commenting Anna Maria :)

      Delete
  3. gorgeous shades you have!! jealous of ur mac collection :)
    http://docdivatraveller.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mac lipsticks are so beautiful and good quality! I love tour color selection!
    Kisses*
    Beijinhos*
    Blog | Youtube | FB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I completely agree, there is such an array of colours and textures, definitely my favourite brand for lipsticks at the moment :)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous colours! Creme cup is next on my list, it's such a lovely shade of pink!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Yes I agree, the shade looks simply beautiful on the lips, nude but still visible! The cremesheen is a gorgeous texture too :) x

      Delete
  6. I love Ruby Woo and it has such great staying power! Even when I am eating :) You should also try out Girl about Town it's a really nice vibrant pink shade!

    Katie
    thesavvystyler1.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is very true, the only downside is the matte texture but that can be resolved with lip balm :) Yes I have heard of that one, it looks amazing! Thanks for commenting Katie :)

      Delete
  7. Amazing collection!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor, I want a collection with a wide array of colour shades and textures :)

      Delete
  8. Love all these colors! I'm a lipstick addict too! It can never stop. :D I have ruby woo and i lovee Rebel as well. They look amazing on you. Now, i have to get my hands on creme cup, such a pretty color! Thanks for sharing! <3

    love always,
    Karina

    KinaaSmallss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it is a terrible buying habit! I didn't used to see the point in lipsticks and couldn't really be bothered with them, just sticking to a lip balm for the daytime, but now I am really enjoying experimenting with different bolder colours for dressing up night time and special occasion outfits. Thanks for commenting Karina! :) xxxx

      Delete
  9. Oohh, liking those colors. I too am addicted to buying lip stuff, from lipstick to lipgloss. I bought a lot of the Milani lipsticks. I'm tempted to buy some of those MAC lippie but I still have lots to use. >_< Great review!

    <3 from Chuonie

    chuonie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I have never heard of those... I am not really a fan of lipgloss but I just love lipstick at the moment! Thanks for visiting and commenting Chuonie :)

      Delete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I will reply as soon as possible! ♥