As you know although I am mainly a fashion blogger, I do love to do beauty posts and I have kindly been nominated by Shannon from Shannon Darko to do the beauty blogger tag, I just love doing posts like this it is so interesting seeing which other bloggers are out there and getting to know a little more about them, so here is my post!
Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I will be honest, I first started my blog because at the time I was applying for university and wanted to do a media or journalism course, and I thought that good evidence of my enthusiasm and interest could be a blog. That went out the window when I apply for marketing and advertising management instead but I found that I really loved blogging, I have always been a reader of other peoples blogs for a long time and had always wanted to start a blog and finally started it 2 years ago :)
Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
To be honest I had two favourite blogs which I fell in love with first, firstly A Yellow Brick Blog which is an amazing beauty blog, and secondly Zoella, who doesn't love her beauty, fashion and general life posts?! I genuinely wish I could have a blog as great as hers one day!
What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
Although I desperately try not to spent all of my money on buying into the hype, I must admit that I just can't resist sometimes, I guess if they have the hype they could be great right?! The first product that I bought was an EOS lip balm, YES it was 100% worth the hype, I take it everywhere with me, the shape of the balm, the scent and the different colours are just amazing, I want one of every colour! Plus they leave your lips feeling gorgeous.
What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?
1. It's my personal space to be creative and to write about everything I love!
2. Interacting with other bloggers is a great way to make friends in the blogosphere
3. It is always great to keep up with what other bloggers are loving and what is popular
4. I enjoy looking back through the weeks, months and years of blogging and taking a look back at my memories, (as well as cringing at some of my older posts)
5. I can talk forever about fashion and beauty and have people actually care and be interested in what I am saying!
What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger?
The importance of skincare. I never really realised all the different products out there which really can help to look after your skin, it's also fun to play about with all the different products out there which I didn't really ever think about before.
Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger?
I take photos of absolutely anything I can blog about, and have several versions of that photo till I get something perfect.
What advice would you give to a Beauty Blogger just starting out?
Talk to people! It really is so important to make blogger friends, you can do this by commenting on other peoples blogs and through joining blogger Twitter chats, these are perfect for getting to know other bloggers and for getting your blog noticed!
What are your top 5 make- up brands?
Rimmel London, Maybelline, MAC, Benefit & Urban Decay
Recommend your top 5 beauty products
1. Rimmel London 24 hour lasting finish foundation
2. Benefit brow zings brow shaping kit
3. EOS lip balm
4. MAC "Rebel" satin lipstick & "Crème Cup" cremesheen lipstick
5. Rimmel London stay matte powder