Friday 19 December 2014

#Blogmas Day 17| Christmas Decorations!

Right, well when thinking about what I could do todays blogmas post on today, I remembered I meant to share with you a Christmas decorations post! I actually put these decorations up on the 29th of November... this might seem excessively early to you all, and when I told my housemates they were mortified of how early I was but it was the only weekend I was back from uni so why not?!
 
I don't know about you, but putting the Christmas decorations up is one of my absolute favourite things about the festive season, they just make your home look so cosy and inviting, and what is better than living in a beautiful Christmassy home throughout December?
 
When it comes to decorations, it becomes an expression of yourself, and that's what makes your tree individual. Do you love a real tree? Do you hate tinsel? White or colourful fairy lights? Is your tree colour coordinated? The possibilities are endless. At home we tend to stick to a real tree which we buy from a local castle, they make your home smell divine! We always get a huge tree, the rule is it has to be taller than all of us! Then to decorate, anything goes really, everyone puts on their favourite decorations and all of the hand made bits and pieces are saved till last. Although some people hate tinsel, I really like it! I just love the different shiny colours.
 
As for the rest of the house, well, I wish I had included a picture. Me, my brother and sister aim to transform the house into a Santa's grotto, so we have a lot of paper chains and snowflakes daggling everywhere imaginable. Have you ever seen the Christmas film Elf? When he transforms the department store that is basically us.
 
What are your Christmas decorations like? I would love for you to leave me a comment below! :)
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Lovely tree, Merry Christmas in advance & would you like to follow each other on GFC
    Google+ & Bloglovin? Lemme know & lets keep in touch!



    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks so beautiful!
    xoxo,
    snowprincessbella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I will reply as soon as possible! ♥