The 71st Golden globe awards was held at the Beverly Hilton hotel on Sunday evening, and as ever, the hype around the awards ceremony was not just surrounding the awards given to winners for film and television excellence, it was also for the style choices of the stars on the red carpet. As always there are best and worst dressed, and while most A-list celebs choose to enlist the help of a personal stylist, however it can all go wrong! Below I have chosen some of the stars whom I think looked absolutely stunning, and some others who despite their efforts, did not have the best outfits, some being quite unusual in fact. In your opinion, who was the best dressed and the worst? :)
(Left to right)
- Mila Kunis- Sequined silver and grey Gucci gown
- Sarah Paulso- Plunge, floaty embellished gown
- Zooey Deschanel- Oscar De La Renta pearl embellished gown and matching heels
- Kate Beckinsale- Zuhair Murad fishtail gown
- Rocsi Diaz- Baby pink floor length embellished gown
- Sofia Vergara- Prom style black strapless dress with very full skirt
- Emilia Clarke- Glittered silver gown
- Kate Mara- Old Hollywood style, silver ruffle front satin gown
- Margot Robbie- Plunging Gucci white gown
- Lauren Parsekian- Plunging v front, split leg, ruffle front, red gown
- Paula Patton- Huge side ruffle, white gown, is it just me or is this dress just too in your face...
- Julia Roberts- Dolce & Gabbana ensemble- The dress would be beautiful and elegant had the shirt piece not been worn!
- Jennifer Lawrence- Poufy white Dior gown with stark black straps. What is the need for the extra hip strap, one would have been appropriate but now this dress seems close to looking unflattering.
- Emma Watson- Open back Dior ensemble & black leggings. Again, does this dress not look like there is something missing? It looks like a red hospital gown! The leggings do nothing for this outfit, not a good choice for Emma!
- Lena Dunham- Zac Posen dress, not only is this dress highly unflattering and wrong for Lena's body shape, the yellow also clashes with her pale skin colour and red lipstick.
- Berenice Bejo- Bold red Giambattista Valli gown, the blazer style collar and hip ruffles is just so unflattering and a very strange choice for Berenice!
- Jemima Kirke- This bohemian style gown is certainly not red carpet ready, although her hair and makeup is pretty, this dress is awful!
- Kaley Cuoco- Floral Rani Zakhem gown, once again is it just me or is this pattern more suited to a pair of curtains or a carpet?
- Sandra Bulock- There is really not a lot I can say about this dress, the colour blocks, material and shape is simply disgusting...
- Zoe Saldana- Prabal Gurung- This dress is simply a mess! Pink shoulder straps, sheer A- Symmetric hem and scattered embellishments are not a good mix here!
*All images taken from www.dailymail.co.uk