Although gingham is not a particular favourite of mine, it is everywhere at the moment! At first I was a little surprised that it had made a comeback, but some of the items below are just so lovely, there really is something for everyone. Gingham also comes in so many different colours; black, grey, blue, pink, green... however although my favourite piece below is the #1 shell top, I can't see me buying gingham this season, I wore enough of it at primary school!
1. Textured gingham shell top- £34- Topshop
2. MOTO gingham print joni jeans- £38- Topshop
3. Gigham marl tank mini dress- £26- Topshop
4. Petite gingham bralet- £18- Topshop
5. Oysho gingham check bandeau bikini- £31.98- ASOS
Literally last week I was in Topshop (I am in there most days) and I noticed that all of a sudden, one section of the store was dedicated to tropical prints! This one really puts me right in the mood for summer, whether it is palm trees, pineapples or parrots there are so many different ways to wear this print! I particularly love #3, #4 and #5, I have noticed that Topshop have so many gorgeous bikini's in store recently, this tropical print one is not only bang on trend, but the high waist style also means it is super flattering!
1. Shorts in tropical print- £30- ASOS
2. Fruit print peplum cami- £26- Topshop
3. Palm tree crop skater dress- £65- Topshop
4. Palm tree jacquard crop top- £34- Topshop
5. Tropical high waist bikini- £34- Topshop
This one is probably my favourite SS14 trend, pastels allow you to be colourful but not too bold, mint, powder blue, lilac and baby pink are just gorgeous for this season and because so many of the items below are statement pieces they will carry you through till summer and then you can get them out and wear them over again next year! I particularly love #1 and #6 as PU and fluffy jumpers are also a popular style choice for this season.
1. Ultra mini skirt in patent PU- £32- ASOS
2. Split side chiffon tee- £34- Topshop
3. Crop top with turtle neck- £8- ASOS
4. Quilt cross body bag with rabbit ears- £18- ASOS
5. Light pink drawn wool oversized coat- £80- River Island
6. Daphne eyelash cropped jumper in pink- £28- Fashion Union
7. Hearts & bows blue cherish pastel knit- £19.99- ARK
Floral is timeless. Other prints may come and go into fashion, but floral is always a popular choice for spring and summer, they are super girly and fun to experiment with, whether you want a bold print or a smaller more subtle print there is definitely something out there for everyone, also you cannot miss these prints, they are all over the high street and are a key SS14 trend. My favourites are #2 floral satin skort, #2 floral bra top and #5 fun and flirty floral playsuit!
1. Floral print biker jacket- £70- ASOS
2. Multi blurry floral skort- £38- Topshop
3. Pink floral jacquard bra top- WAS £32 NOW £15- Miss Selfridge
4. Finders keeps asymmetrical skirt in floral print- £119- ASOS
5. Emelia floral eyelash lace playsuit- £29.99- Missguided
6. Alice McCall Queen of Bermuda dress- £300- ASOS
7. Peg trousers in vintage tapestry floral print- £22- ASOS
The final trend which I wanted to share with you is probably the most unusual trend, 'sporty chic' is most certainly making a big impact on the high street, whether you want to go all out with trainers and a basket ball vest, or want to incorporate just a little of the trend into your outfit with a rah rah skirt, you really can have a lot of fun with this trend, also it is perfectly acceptable to run straight from the gym and pass it off as 'sporty chic', haha.
1. Holdall bag with nylon quilting- £25- ASOS
2. Eyes on you wide sports tee by Illustrated people- £38- Topshop
3. Nike blazer pink high top trainers- WAS £70 NOW £30
4. Vintage look sports dress by Annie Greenabelle- £39- Topshop
5. Eleven paris skater skirt in Jacquared Rose print- £78- ASOS
6. Black Bronx New York mesh hem t-shirt- £25- River Island
7. Other UK 23 Basketball sweatshirt WAS £55 NOW £27.50- ASOS
*All images from respective websites