Tuesday 4 March 2014

HAIR TREND| Washing your hair in reverse!

Ooo, new one for me, this is my first hair post. When I heard about this though, I just had to share it with you all. Basically a new trend people are experimenting with their hair is, rather than washing your hair the usual way, being shampooing then conditioning, people are now seeing what happens if you condition and then shampoo your hair. If you find that your hair is quite fine and is prone to getting a tad greasy easy, you could be trapped in a vicious cycle of 'over washing' your hair, as you wash to get rid of the grease, but through washing your hair daily, the products end up in fact making your hair greasier. Luckily I don't have this problem as my hair is naturally quite thick and voluminous, however I do know those who do. Now, you could try the old trick of simply shampooing and staying clear of conditioner all together, but you may find that without the conditioner your hair could be left dry and knotted. This is why this method makes perfect sense, through conditioning first, you untangle the hair and leave it free of knots, and then lightly shampooing after, your hair is cleansed without leaving it full of product. However, I think that this will not work so well with dry and thicker hair types. I may or may not try this, have you? Do you think it works? :)
 
*Image taken from www.dailymail.co.uk

5 comments:

  1. never tried it but it sounds like this is for me. Thx for sharing, hope it will help me :-)

    Love
    Ewelina
    xxxxxxxxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds like an interesting idea, we've never tried it before. We tend to have problems with our hair during summer and warmer months, so we might have to give this a go!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting although I do have fairly long, dry thick hair so it might not work well for me x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting thought! I have very think, medium length hair that get's greasy quite quickly but without conditioner, I have a nightmare with the knots, so this may well work for me! Thanks for posting :-)
    http://crystalsparklydreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have really thick hair too,I dont think this will work for me :(
    Love your blog :)
    www delatroesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I will reply as soon as possible! ♥